Wednesday


On the previous post I mentioned how I managed to grow my own cress yet was unable to use in my previous piece (cress trunk) so wanted to experiment on something of a smaller scale. Due to all the small stems and leaves on the cress, I was interested to see how it would photograph with light shining through the tissue paper which it grew on. Having done this, I considered that if I wanted this effect my best option would be to wrap it round an existing lampshade to get the full effect. I think the top image is really interesting due to the scale and focus on the cress stems and the intensity of the light shining through the lampshade beneath. Unlike some of my other pieces, I have not removed the purpose of this object but I have altered it in a way that makes it unrealistic. I really like how there is a sense of normality in the lower photograph yet the cress is certainly not a normal component to have surrounding a lamp shade. 
When referring to thread remains and left bits of fabric creating narrative, I think this piece is very interesting to consider. The long thin cress stem are similar to that of thread and portray the same concept of mystery and a never ending line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment