Tuesday


Having previously referred to Asif Khan's chair, I was interested to grow my own cress and create some element from it. I was lucky to be given this old trunk at a charity shop for free and wondered how I was able to include it in my project. I thought in some way I could re-invent it and remove its original use by growing plants out of it. Having thought the process over, I lined the trunk and filled it with fertilizer and then thought about what type of plant would grow fast enough to fill the vast space. Earlier in the week, I grew my own cress, it was successful but no enough was produced to fill the trunk, so I brought several packets of cress and planted them in. I intend to use the cress I grew to make a similar image but on an object of a much smaller scale. I am very pleased with the above photographs, I feel they give a good understanding of the piece and due to my increasing of the contrast the colours have been benefited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment